Monday, January 10, 2011

This week's links

Rather than call it a New Year's Resolution since resolutions usually fizzle out in a matter of weeks, I'm calling it a "goal" to be a little more connected with social media. When it comes to Twitter and Facebook, I'm often conflicted by a heavy workload with a deadline and tweets and facebook posts go to the backburner.

I'm going to share any interesting tidbits I read along the way and give them the proper credit with a link.

I'll start with Raymond Felton who is having a fantastic season with the New York Knicks. I had said for a number of years that Raymond needed to leave Charlotte and I'm happy about all the success he's having with the New York Knicks. The New York Post's Marc Berman wrote this article ahead of the Knicks loss to the Lakers and lofty praise of the former two time WPDE Mister Hoop Zone from Kobe Bryant.

Kobe not surprised by Raymond



I'm a proud graduate of Saint Bonaventure University (class of 1992) and hope that I can live up to the sterling reputation of the school's Mass Communication and Journalism department. A fellow Bonnie, Adrian Wojnarowski ('91), is one of the best columnists in the country. I particularly enjoyed his coverage of LeBron James. Read both of the columns below for a great take on "The Decision" and some real insight to what the whole Lebron circle is like.

Easy Come, Easy Go for King James

King James wants Spoelstra to bow to him

I haven't mentioned it on the sportscast yet, but it has become a big headline in the world of golf. Dustin Johnson is now dating Natalie Gulbis. I had a chance to interview Gulbis once when she came to Myrtle Beach for a contest promotion. My guess is that she may be spending some more time here.

No penalty here - Dustin Johnson and Natalie Gulbis

We all know that Dustin Johnson is one of the longest hitters in the world and he's gotten the reputation as perhaps the best athlete on the PGA Tour. Everyone talks about how he can dunk a basketball. Here's further proof from YouTube. A left handed drive!



This confirms that if Dustin played 18 holes left handed, I'd still probably get two strokes a hole and lose!

No comments: